Before Preparing your Upload…
- Have you completed the Franchising Application within the Affinity Sports system? If you have not done so, please complete with this process before submitting your players. Failure to complete your Franchise Application before submitting your players will result in error.
- Do you have a username and password for your Affinity Sports account? To create a username and password follow either step below:
- Setup your login credentials. Be sure to provide the email address entered when franchising your league as this is the address where the email message will be sent.
- Contact Technical Support at 833-683-1072. A representative can locate your account and create and/or verify your login credentials.
- Download and save the appropriate Excel Template. Please click here to download the Player Excel Template. This file can also be found at the bottom of this article.
- Review the instructions for completing the Excel Template included with this Help Center article.
NOTE: Be sure to confirm you are using the correct template.
- Remember, no mixing or intermingling of Player and Admin data. Only include Player data on the Player Template.
- Remember, no mixing or intermingling of League, Club or Season Data. Individual templates must be completed for each league and season.
- Please do not make any changes to the excel template and follow the instructions. Any modifications or failure to follow formatting instructions can result in an error and the need to redo the Excel Template and begin the upload process again.
- When saving and uploading your Excel Template to the Upload Module, you must be using Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher and save the file as an .XLSX file or .CSV file.
- Do not include apostrophe’s, special characters, trailing spaces, or spaces in blank fields.
- Do not include spaces in blank fields.
Completing the Player Excel Template
Open the Player Data Excel Template and complete the necessary information:
- Enter the Player’s Last Name. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s First Name. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Middle Name. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Suffix. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Alias. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Gender. Please enter M for male and F for female. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Birthdate (m/dd/yyyy). Birthdate must be a valid date and be formatted correctly (m/dd/yyyy). This field is required. If month is a single digit (i.e. May = 5). Enter as 5 not 05.
- Enter a Play Level Code for each player. Play level codes are listed below. This field is required.
- Angels: AN
- Angels X-Play: AX
- Belles: B
- Darlings: DA
- Debs: DE
- Ponytails: P
- Ponytails X-Play: PX
- SweeTees: ST
- SweeTees X-Play: X
- Enter the Player’s home address, city, state and zip code. These fields are required.
NOTE: Address must be a unique address and actual player address. Do not enter the same address for each player or a fictitious address. When entering Zip Code enter as five digits (92101) or the full 10 digits (92101-5005). Incomplete zip codes will result in an error.
- Enter at least one Parent or Guardian for each player including last name, first name, home phone or cell phone and email address. At least one parent or guardian is required. At least one phone number and email address is also required.
- Enter the Player’s Alternate Player ID. This field allows you to record a Player ID number from a different system. This is not the Affinity Player ID. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Team ID. Teams are created during the Franchising process. Click here for a guide on locating your Team IDs. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Team Name. Teams must already be created in the Affinity System. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Alternate Team ID. This field is used to sync rosters with third-party applications. This field does not assign players to teams in the Affinity System. An Affinity generated Team ID is also required in your template if using this field. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s current School Name. This field is optional.
- Choose Save.
- Check your work and confirm all information are entered correctly. Confirm your file is saved in Microsoft Excel 2007 or later as an .XLSX file or .CSV file.
- Once complete, send to Affinity Sports by clicking Submit a Request located in the upper right hand corner of any Help Center page and attach your file in a support ticket. When submitting your upload file the following information will need to be included within the description of the ticket. The absence of this information will result in delays when processing your file. Please include:
- Franchise Number
- League Name
NOTE: Please be aware that standard uploads will be processed within 48-72 hours. Special request uploads will be processed weekly on Thursdays and need to be received by 12:00 PM PT Wednesday to be processed the same week. We will notify you if your upload qualifies as a special request.